Upland Recreation and Community Services is committed to creating community through people, parks, and programs. Our purpose is to provide recreational programs and community services which enrich the quality of life for Upland residents by promoting health, wellness, and human development; and to maintain first rate parks and recreational facilities thus enhancing the desirability of the City as a place to live and strengthen community image.
We invite you to take advantage of our programs, services, parks, and facilities. It is our goal to provide leisure opportunities that contribute to Upland's quality of life.
The Upland Recreation and Community Services Office is temporarily located at the Upland City Yard, 1370 N. Benson Avenue, Upland. Although our location has temporarily changed, our exceptional services and activities will remain the same. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
**COVID-19: City Facilities & Activities Temporary Closures/Cancellations**
The City of Upland continues to assess the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), in consultation with San Bernardino County Public Health Officials and other local partners. This situation is fluid and staff are monitoring every necessary precaution and health-related recommendation to ensure the welfare of the community, especially those most vulnerable, and our employees as well. The health risk from COVID-19 to the general public in Upland and San Bernardino County remains low at this time. Please also visit City of Upland's Emergency Preparedness page for additional information and links. There is extraordinary caution being taken at all our public facilities, including increased awareness to cleaning, limiting numbers of people, encouraging appropriate hand washing, and social distancing. City staff is working closely with the San Bernardino County Emergency Operations Center and San Bernardino Department of County Health. We are taking steps to protect the public by suspending programs in accordance with the guidance procedures.
Over the next few days we will be regularly updating this page to keep you informed of impacts to events, services and programs. Unless noted, all other services, rentals, and activities are still scheduled as previously planned. We are continuing to monitor all rentals, park usage, off-site classes. Please note that changes to facility usage, classes or other services may occur at any given time so please check back frequently.
**ALL registrations, including classes, rentals, events, and programs cannot be accepted
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.**
GEORGE M. GIBSON SENIOR CENTER & SENIOR SERVICES:
- The Gibson Senior Center is closed for all recreation programs through May 3.
- All senior-focused recreational programs, activities and events are cancelled through May 3.
- ON-SITE Congregate Nutrition Meal Service for our seniors is cancelled and has been transitioned to a distributed meal program. Prepared, frozen meal packages will be available at the Gibson Center for Nutrition Program participants weekly ONLY ON Wednesdays between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Participants will receive five (5)frozen meals, milk, bread and fruit. Meal packages are limited to one package per customer, per week. The weekly meal package distribution will continue until the COVID-19 emergency is lifted.
If you have questions or are in need of resources, please contact the Gibson Senior Center at (909) 981-4501, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- All recreational programs, activities and classes are cancelled through May 3.
- 3rd Annual Spring Fling - Cancelled
- Lettuce Grow A Garden Salad - Cancelled
- Gibson Senior Center Sock Hop - Cancelled
PARKS, BUILDINGS & FACILITIES:
- ALL park, facility, and sports field rentals are canceled through May 3.
- The Upland Memorial Skate Park is closed indefinitely.
TRIPS & TOURS:
- Ronald Reagan Library- Egypt’s Lost City - April 9
- Sunny South Coast Botanical Gardens - April 22
VIC's PLACE TUTORING & AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM:
- In conjunction with the Upland School District school closures, VIC’s Place Tutoring & Afterschool Program has been suspended effective March 16 through the end of April when schools are scheduled to reopen.
- All passport services have been suspended indefinitely. For additional information on passports, please visit Passport Services.
If you are inquiring about the status of an upcoming class, activity, rental of park, facility, or field usage, please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services at (909) 931-4280, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
Gibson Helpful Handbook For Seniors
The Gibson Senior Center Staff would like to express that you are all in our thoughts. Even though our Senior Center is closed to the public, staff remains on-site, working Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to take calls and to answer any questions.
Gibson Senior Center staff has put together the Gibson Helpful Handbook For Seniors, providing a list of helpful phone numbers & resources, encouraging words, and a word search puzzle. This information is provided from us, to you, to help you get through these unsettled times.