One very important part of tree care is watering. However, due to current drought conditions reduced water usage has been mandated. For information about how to care for your trees during drought, please see the documents below.
For additional information about watering and water usage reductions, click here.
Parkway Tree Maintenance Policy
Responsibility of the City of Upland:
- To maintain, trim and repair trees in the public right-of-way
Responsibility of the Property Owner:
- To provide necessary water to maintain the growth, health and beauty of the trees
- To trim away any low growth of the tree, such as suckers and shoots, that may interfere with pedestrian or vehicular traffic
Parkway Tree Information
For information about your parkway tree, such as tree species and last trim date, click here.
Possible tree hazards include fallen tree limbs, hanging tree limbs, split tree trunk, cracked tree branches, and fallen trees.
Reporting a Tree Hazard:
- Contact the Public Works Department at (909)291-2930 during regular business hours (Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- For non-business hours, weekends and holidays, please call Upland Police Dispatch at (909) 946-7624.
For Non-Emergency Tree Issues:
- Contact the Public Works Department at (909) 291-2930 during regular business hours (Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Submit a Public Works Request online
No events at this time
West Coast Arborists is scheduled to trim Grids 12, 13 and 14 this July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023. To see the grid trim areas, please click on the Tree Prune Schedule Map below.
Trimming, Planting & Removal
Tree maintenance for the City of Upland is carried out by West Coast Arborists, Inc. Maintenance is based on previously designated scheduling and the urgency of arising matters. Any additional work taken in is based upon available funding. Should funding become unavailable or should a resident desire to have replant or trimming work done ahead of schedule, the resident can request to have the work done through the Tree Donation Program. For more information about the Tree Donation Program, click here.
For additional information about trees, please visit the Arbor Day website, by clicking here.