Preparedness is everyone’s responsibility. People prepare because they care. They want the people and things they care about to be safe during an emergency or disaster. The City of Upland cares and wants to see the people who live, visit and work in Upland prepared for whatever threats or hazards may affect the city. The City of Upland does this in two ways:
First, through ReadyUpland, the City provides information, training and whole-community outreach to equip its residents, businesses, visitors and community organizations to care for themselves and their families in the event of an emergency or disaster.
Visit the ReadyUpland to:
- Learn about Emergency Alerts for the City of Upland.
- Learn how you can prepare your family and/or business.
- Learn how you can prepare for specific hazards that face the City of Upland.
Second, by partnering with the San Bernardino County Fire, Office of Emergency Services the city is developing a robust Emergency Management Program. This program ensures the city’s employees and departments have sufficient plans, training and equipment to respond to all-hazards.
Visit the Emergency Management Program to:
- Learn what Emergency Management is.
- Learn how the City of Upland is preparing to prepare for, respond to and recover from a disaster.
Please read Attached information about protecting against the threat of wildfires.