Engineering / Projects
The Engineering/CIP Division is dedicated to serving the needs of the Upland Community by maintaining and improving the City’s largest assets consisting of streets, sidewalks, storm drains, water facilities, sewer mains, traffic signals, City-owned street lights, and City buildings. Our mission statement is “To plan, construct, and maintain safe and effective infrastructure which meets the present and future needs of the City.” The Engineering Division pledges to serve the community infrastructure needs by embracing 4 core values
|Commitment||Dedicated to meeting the needs of the community|
Conscientious use of public funds
|Excellence||Devote ourselves to a work ethic of unsurpassed excellence|
|Quality||Provide the technical resources to ensure that public and private improvements are safe, reliable, and constructed to quality standards|
The Engineering Division provides the planning, design, bidding, construction management, and inspection for all City-sponsored improvement projects within the public right-of-way. Typical work includes the following:
- Maintaining over 209 centerline miles of pavement within the City.
- Rehabilitate existing street pavements, sidewalks, curb ramps, curb and gutter, and related appurtenances throughout the City.
- Construct new water mains, wells, and treatment facilities.
- Maintain 83 traffic signals within the City.
- Repair and construct storm drain improvements throughout the City.
- Serve as the liaison with Caltrans, SANBAG, San Bernardino County / Flood Control District, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.