A Valuable Resource
The Upland Police Department is currently seeking motivated men and women to fill vacancies for the position of Reserve Police Officer.
The Police Reserve Officer is a peace officer as defined in the California Penal Code, section 832.6, and are a vital and integral link in the operational structure of the Department. Reserve Officers enable the City to afford necessary support services that would otherwise not be economically feasible.
Reserves supplement normal manpower in the performance of law enforcement duties and provide a personnel resource in a time of disaster or major emergency.
Upland Reserve Officers proudly wear the Upland Police Department uniform, working with regular officers in a variety of capacities:
- Solo Patrol duty (Level 1 only)
- Second officer in a car
- Assist in arrests
- Take reports
- Traffic control
- Plain clothes assignments
- Narcotics task force
- Special events/assignments
- Age: Minimum 21 years
- Physical: Height and weight proportional
- Hearing: Normal
- Vision: 20/20 corrected, normal color vision
- Education: High School Graduate / G.E.D.
- Good moral character
- Sound Financial record
- Physically fit
- Completion of Arrest and Firearms (P.C. 832)
- Level II reserve academy certificate.
- Oral examination
- Physical agility test
- Medical examination
- Psychological examination
- Polygraph examination
- Extensive background check
For Information about joining the Upland Police Department Reserves contact the unit coordinator, Sergeant Jake Kirk (909) 946-7624 or email@example.com.