Residential Service consists of once weekly automated refuse (black barrel), recyclables (blue barrel) and green waste (green barrel) collection in the City of Upland by Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc.
Residential trash services in Upland are billed based on the size of your black barrel(s).
Barrels should be set out the night before or no later than 6:00 a.m. on collection day, either in street with wheels against curb, or if alley service, in alley away from any structures. Return barrels out of sight by the night that they are emptied.
To view trash collection service days for your area, please click on the following:
For information on what to place in the Trash, Recycle or Green Waste Barrels please click on the following:
If a resident is executing a home demolition, clean-up or yard clearing project, the resident may order a temporary bin through a demo box or roll-off service. Contents must be separated and uncontaminated for recycling.
Additional Free Residential Collection Services
- Bulky Item Pick-up
- Residents with barrel service may schedule a Bulky Item free Pick-up four times within a twelve-month period. The period will begin when the first request for Bulky Item Pick-up service is made.
- Limit 5 items per collection
- Also includes electronic waste (E-Waste): printers, computers, TVs, and monitors.
- Please call Burrtec to schedule your Bulky Item Pick-Up at (909) 949-0500.
- Missing or Damaged Barrel Replacement
- Christmas Tree Curbside Pick-up
- Available the first two weeks of the New Year (flocked trees are now accepted)
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection
- Free Motor Oil and Filter Containers
- Used for recycling transport
- Free Mulch Giveaway
- Available the last Saturdays of HHW
- 24-hour Refuse and Recycling Recording (909) 931-4343
- Waste Watcher newsletter
- Letter mailed quarterly with utility bill and at online bill payment site