Stay Cool & Make A Splash With Upland Recreation and Community Services!
2020 SUMMER AQUATICS CANCELLATION
As a result of continued state-wide and County of San Bernardino restrictions on recreational activities, we regretfully inform you that the City of Upland Summer Aquatics Program has been cancelled for 2020.
The health and safety of our young swimmers is of utmost importance, as well as the protection of our highly-talented and trained staff, who would like nothing more than to be in the pool teaching water-safety to our community residents.
Thank you for your continued support of Upland Recreation and Community Services.
For additional information, please contact Valerie Guzman-Garcia at (909) 931-4285.
Summer Water Safety
Swimming is a great recreational sport that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. But it’s important to know how to be safe while you’re in the water. The American Red Cross offers these important swimming safety tips you should be aware of before you head out to the pool or beach:
1. Swim in designated areas supervised by lifeguards.
2. Always swim with a buddy; do not allow anyone to swim alone.
3. Never leave a young child unattended near water and do not trust a child’s life to another child; teach children to always ask permission to go near water.
4. Have young children or inexperienced swimmers wear U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets around water, but do not rely on life jackets alone.
5. Maintain constant supervision.
6. Make sure everyone in your family learns to swim well.
7. If you have a pool, secure it with appropriate barriers.
8. Avoid distractions when supervising children around water.
9. If a child is missing, check the water first. Seconds count in preventing death or disability.
10. Know how and when to call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number.
11. Protect your skin. Limit the amount of direct sunlight you receive between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and wear sunscreen of at least SPF 15.
12. Drink plenty of water regularly, even if you’re not thirsty. Avoid drinks with alcohol or caffeine in them.