Certificates and Proclamations
Interested parties may request ceremonial documents including proclamations and certificates of appreciation/recognition. Proclamations and certificates of appreciation/recognition are generally issued to organizations or individuals within the City of Upland or for events occurring within the City. These documents are strictly honorary and do not carry any legislative or legal value, nor do they constitute an endorsement by the City of Upland or the Upland City Council.
- All requests go through an internal review and approval process.
- Proclamation requests must include an editable, digital sample proclamation that can be used as a template for the City Manager’s Office to prepare the document.
- Email the form AT LEAST THIRTY (30) DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One contact person per request.
- Documents will remain available for pick-up for thirty (30) days after the due date. After thirty (30) days the document will be destroyed.
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction are not considered for recognition.
- Events, individuals, groups, organizations, or businesses with no direct relationship with the City of Upland will not be considered for recognition.
- Any group whose policies or goals advocate violence, hatred or any other position contrary to the well-being of the citizens of Upland, or the quality of life in Upland will not be considered for recognition.
- Submission of a request does not guarantee the issuance of a ceremonial.