2022 Ballot Measure
The Upland City Council voted unanimously on August 8, 2022 to place a Public Safety and City Services Measure on the November 2022 ballot. Measure L would enact a 1-cent local sales tax until ended by voters, providing a stable source of locally controlled funds.
If voters say yes, Measure L will provide an estimated $16 million a year to address significant public infrastructure and public safety needs within the City of Upland.
The proposed Measure was placed on the ballot following significant community engagement with residents and business owners. An independent City Manager’s Advisory Panel, who reviewed Uplands’ financial documents, prior budget balancing measures and fiscal task force reports, staffing levels, and infrastructure materials issued recommendations to the City Council on potential solutions to address local financial and service needs. Placing a local funding measure on the ballot for Upland voters to consider was among their recommendations.
The funding Measure includes strict fiscal accountability provisions, including independent citizens’ oversight, public disclosure of all spending and annual independent financial audits. No measure funds can be taken by the county, state, or federal governments.
For information on Public Safety & City Services Ballot Measure L Town Hall Meetings please click here.
Primary Arguments and Rebuttals
If viewing from your phone, click on the image to enlarge
Frequently Asked Questions about Measure L
You can click on the image to enlarge the FAQ
or click here to download a PDF version of the FAQ
|July 11, 2022||City Council||Staff report|
|July 11th meeting video|
|July 25, 2022||City Council||Staff report|
|July 25th meeting video|
|July 27, 2022||Finance Committee||Staff report|
|July 27th meeting video|
|August 8, 2022||City Council||Staff report|
|August 8th meeting video|
|August 22, 2022||Special City Council Workshop||Staff report|
|August 22 workshop video|
|September 12, 2022||City Council||Staff Report|
|September 12th meeting video|
|Resolution No. 6688 Intent to Prioritize Spending|
|Resolution No. 6689 Establishing Oversight Committee|
- City Council staff report - July 11, 2022
- PowerPoint presentation to City Council - July 11, 2022
- City Council staff report - July 25, 2022
- PowerPoint presentation to City Council - July 25, 2022
- Finance Committee staff report - July 27, 2022
- City Council staff report - August 8, 2022
- City Council Special Workshop staff report - August 22, 2022
- Measure L FAQ
- PowerPoint presentation to City Council - August 22, 2022
- City Council staff report - September 12, 2022
- Resolution No. 6688 Spending Priorities
- Resolution No. 6689 Establishing Oversight Committee