Freshen Up Your New Year
2020 Freshen Up The New Year
Saturday, January 18th
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Upland Public Works City Yard, 1370 N. Benson Avenue, Upland
It's a New Year, so why not start it fresh from the inside out - the inside of your home that is? The Upland Public Works Environmental Division and the Upland Recreation and Community Services Division can help. Take advantage of the opportunity to learn useful strategies to clear out some clutter and refresh your home.
The event will feature lectures and activities like these:
- FREE SHREDDING OFFERED BY MOBILE SHRED - Residential customers only, limit of 5 boxes.
- HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL - Please visit the City website at City of Upland for details and a list of accepted materials.
- BURRTEC WASTE INDUSTRIES - Recycling information, Q&A sessions, prizes, and give-a-ways.
- FOOTHILL FAMILY SHELTER DONATION DROP-OFF - Donate gently used items, please no large or bulky items.
- KIDS' ACTIVITIES - Offered by San Bernardino Master Gardener, Maggie O'Neil.
- UPLAND LIONS CLUB - Mid-year school supply replenishment for children, blood pressure screenings, and used eye glass collection center.
- CLUTTER CHAOS WORKSHOP - 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Learn helpful tips and tactics to de-clutter your home and office. Hosted by Sue Londraville.
- TAX DAY WORKSHOP - 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Presented by Certified Financial Planner, Jeffrey Hackbarth.
- FREE FOOD TASTINGS - Thanks to Chick-Fil-A, Los Carnales, and Arrowhead Credit Union.
For additional information, please contact the Upland Recreation and Community Services Division at (909) 931-4280.